Tesoro Logistics welcomes our customers and customers’ carriers and recognizes the valuable role that carriers play in the supply chain. To facilitate the set-up of a new carrier as well as support the on-going management and administration of carrier access information, we have provided below our Carrier Access guidelines and relevant forms.
Getting established to load at a Tesoro facility is comprised of four primary steps (with forms and instructions provided below):
- Carrier Access Agreement – signed with supporting documentation
- Safety Procedures – reviewed
- Drivers – background checked, communicated to the facility and appropriately trained
- Trucks and Tankers – communicated to facility with appropriate testing information
If you have any questions, please contact us at CarrierAccess@tsocorp.com
1. Carrier Access Agreement (CAA)
The Carrier Access Agreement covers all of our facilities and equitably captures liability and insurance requirements.
- Request a CAA by contacting us at CarrierAccess@tsocorp.com
- Complete relevant fields in CAA, including Exhibit A with carrier specific information and Exhibit B with customer name and facilities where customer is asking you to lift
- Provide a Certificate of Insurance with the coverage required under the agreement
2. Tesoro Truck Facilities Operating and Safety Procedures
Safety is our primary focus at Tesoro and we expect all parties who enter our facility to have that same level of focus. Provided here are our safety procedures. Drivers will also undertake orientation and safety instruction at the facility prior to issuance of an access card and authorization to load.
- Carrier management and all drivers review the safety procedures: Tesoro Truck Facilities Operating and Safety Procedures
3. Driver Application Form
To ensure we maintain our safety and security standards, every carrier must complete a thorough background check on all drivers prior to nominating them to load at a Tesoro facility.
- Review background requirements document and complete adequate background checks on all drivers prior to application: Background Check Requirements
- Download and complete the provided form for each facility that drivers will be accessing and submit to the facilities*: Driver Application Form
4. Trailer/ Tank Truck Required Information
All trucks and tankers entering Tesoro facilities must be inspected, tested, and maintained in-line with all regulatory requirements.
- Download and complete truck and tanker information form and submit to the Tesoro facility*: Trailer / Tank Truck Required Information
* Facility addresses can be found on Exhibit B of the access agreement. If you are still not sure how to contact the facility, please reach out to your regional Shipper Support Manager; found on our Contacts page.